Friday, June 04, 2010

Hurt

Hurt: to inflict with physical pain, to do substantial or material harm, to cause emotional pain or anguish.
How this little four letter word does not even come close to describing the anguish in a person's heart. The perpetual ache that does want to go away. The sorrow that rolls over you night after night. But yet there in it simplicity is the little word, Hurt. Simple but yet explains so much. How does one endure through the pain, through the wrenching of the heart from the body? How does one figure out the questions that have no answers? How does one deal with a heart that feels turned inside out laying wide awake at night wishing the hours of life to disappear? There is a place to rest the weary aching heart. There is a place a quiet meadow of peace and solitude. It is found near the Savior's heart. It is found at his nail pierced feet. It is found as one lays the burdens and ache and hurt at the Saviors throne.
Jesus draw me nearer as I labor through this storm. You have called me to this passage and I will follow though I am worn. May this journey bring a blessing may I rise on wings of faith and at the end of my hearts testing with your likeness let me wake. Jesus guide me through the tempest keep my spirit staid and sure when the midnight meets the morning let me love you even more let the treasures of the trial form within me as I go and at the end of this long passage let me leave them at your throne.

2 comments:

HandyFamily said...

Praying for you. If I can help in any way, even just listen, let me know. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I needed to hear that today. I love you Jo.