Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Through Your Tears

This post is written in honor of someone dear to my heart that is going through much pain in these days. You may never read this but I want you to know that I love you and even though I may not understand your pain there is someone else that knows your pain and can carry you through this time.

No One Ever Cared for Me Like Jesus
Charles Frederick Weigle was born November 20,1871 in LaFayette, Indiana, into the family of a God-fearing, German-Lutheran baker and his wife. One of twelve children, five boys and seven girls, young Charles was accustomed to hearing his father pray and every morning after breakfast, Bible reading was observed at the family worship time.
When Charles was tweleve, the Methodist Church of LaFayette, where his parents attended, was having a series of revival meetings. A great number of his friends and playmates came under conviction and were going forward during the progress of the meeting. This made an quite an impression on young Charles. Even though he resisted longer than most of the others, one night a strong, overpowering realization that he was lost came over him and Charles was converted.

As he grew up, his keen interest in music led him to attend the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music, where he recieved training that later helped him in his ministry. Not only did Charles become an inspiring preacher, but he was also a gifted songwriter, having written more than 1,000 songs.

Charles Weigle's song "No One Ever Cared for Me Like Jesus" was the result of one of the darkest periods of his life. Weigle spent most of his years as an itinerant evangelist and gospel songwriter of more than four hundred songs. One day after returning home from an evangelistic crusade, he found a note left by his wife of many years. It said, "Charlie, I've been a fool. I've done without a lot of things long enough. From here on out, I'm getting all I can of what the world owes me. i know you'll continue to be a fool for Jesus, but for me---it's good-bye!" Weigle said that he became so despondent during the next several years that there were times when he even contemplated suicide. Filled with terrible despair, he felt that no onte really cared for him anymore. Gradually, however, his spiritual faith was restored, and he once again became active in the Christian ministry.

Weigle related:
One day I received the sad news that my wife had died and under very hearbreaking and tragic circumstances. She had had less than five years in which to "try the world" and eternity had begun for her. And what did the future hold for me? It was while reviewing the heartrending experiences of the past few years nad reflecitng upon the goodness and love of the Savior, who never forsook me thorugh it all, that there was rekindled in my soul the desire to write a song. This song would be a summation of my whole life experience with this wonderful friend. It was a story the whole world needed to know and it came to me as fast as I could put it down. It was the first song I had written since the day my world seemed to fall apart. Now I wanted the whole world wide world to know that "No One Ever Cared for Me Like Jesus". From a heart that had been broken and graciously restored by God came the words and music of this gospel song favorite.


I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus
Since I found in Him a friend so strong and true;
I would tell you how He changed my life completely,
He did something that no other friend could do.

No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
There's no other friend so kind as He;
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me.
O how much He cared for me!

All my life was full of sin when Jesus found me;
All my heart was full of misery and woe;
Jesus placed His strong and loving arms around me,
And He led me in the way I ought to go.

No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
There's no other friend so kind as He;
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me.
O how much He cared for me!

Ev'ry day He comes to me with new assurance,
More and more I understand His words of love;
But I'll never know just why He came to save me,
Till some day I see His blessed face above.

No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
There's no other friend so kind as He;
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me.
O how much He cared for me!

I love you my dear one and I pray during this dark difficult time in your life that Jesus will be so precious and dear to you. I pray that as the pain washes over you that you will see your dear Lord as the one that can and is carrying you through this time. I love you and pray moment by moment for you.

No comments: