Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Melody of History

After being a violin teacher for ten years I have seen a myriad of violins. From little itty bitty violins to old violins that leave you wondering who played them and what their story was. I have always loved history and I love music and when you combine the two of them it becomes a passion of mine. The following are pictures of several what I call "The melodies of history". Some of them I know the history behind some of them I do not but each holds a mystery and a fascination to me. I wonder who played them, what they played whether they played stories of hearts broken, of joy exploding, whether they were played like fiddles or whether they were on the stage in front of an audience playing classical music, or in a church magnifing the Lord through hymns.

This is the first violin... there will be more to come as the pictures come available. This violin was found in a closet and belonged to an uncle of someone I know. It was a "fiddle". I wish I could post the sound on here because it is beautiful.









































3 comments:

HandyFamily said...

Is there a link to view the pictures? I would enjoy seeing them :-)
Have a great day!

Jolene said...

Sorry about that still in the process of loading the pictures. :-)

HandyFamily said...

thanks :D