Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wisdom

Recently I was challenged to take a challenge to spend just 15 minutes with God everyday (if I do more than great!), and memorize one verse every week  this summer and to see how it would change my life. To be honest I haven't not been faithfully in the word every single day. I let other things crowd out that time or I tack it on at the end of the day when I'm exhausted, or I read a few verses at the beginning of my work day. God has gently been showing me how wrong that is and is changing that in me. For the month of June I am studying one chapter in Proverbs a day. The Lord has been sooo good to show me so many fresh and new things! The verse that is standing out in my mind is this..."In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise." Proverbs 10:19. The book of Proverbs is a wisdom book and God has been magnifying so many aspects of wisdom to me. Yesterday as I was reading through chapter 9 it really stood out to me that a wise person is a humble person. In order to be wise at all we have to fear the Lord. As we fear the Lord we see ourselves for who we are and that produces a humbleness in us that helps us to be teachable. Lord, help me to be teachable, help me to be wise, help me to be sensitive to you!

No comments: