Monday, July 11, 2011

Step by Step

These are just some thoughts I had and some pictures I took on my walk this morning...

As I walked out the door this morning I was instantly cloaked in a shroud of fog. It was beautiful. It seemed to quietly lay across the tops of the trees and almost swoop down to caress the grass. It was hard to breath as I walked through it because the thickness of it and it was difficult to see far down the road. As I kept walking and moved towards the object, that I couldn't originally see clearly, it began to appear and take better shape. As I walked on the Lord began to bring spiritual applications to my mind about this walk and this fog...





So many times I want to see what is ahead of me and I'll balk at the Lord's beckoning call "Come up hither to this new plain of trust" because I can't see what lies ahead. There is a faith producing fog laying in the way. To move forward I have to trust the Lord and His promises. I have to believe that He won't fail me. I have to believe that He loves me and always does good to me and for me. So like this walk this morning I have to progress and move forward whether I know the way or not, whether I can see the way because I have a faithful Lord that leads me and never fails!










The other things that tied in with that little lesson from the Lord was the sun. As I rounded a bend in the path I was taking I could sense the presence of the sun as it was quite warm. But in spite of the warmth I could not see it clearly because the heavy fog had blocked a clear view of it. The Lord instantly reminded me of the lesson He'd started to teach me awhile ago...you may not always "see me" or "feel me" but always know that I'm here no matter what might block the view. Whether it's the fog blanket of fear, doubt, feelings, what ever gets in the way always remember even if you can't see me or feel me, and you start to doubt remember I'm always here.








It's a journey of one step at a time. Just like I had to put one foot in front of the other to get to work so in the Christian life we need to put one foot in front of the other in order to move forward with Christ.












Right before I left work to walk home it started doing this...

POURING
and
POURING
and
POURING
so I waited awhile and while I was waiting the Lord reminded me of His showers of blessings on my life!....







He puts gentlemen in my life who are willing to take me home when it's pouring rain... Though every other part of me was screaming take him up on his offer do it do it I refrained and walked home once it stopped.

After it quit raining and I stepped outside to go home the Lord reminded me of another blessing of the rain... it was a little bit cooler for me. He had sent the rain just for me to cool it off so I could walk home. Wasn't that sweet! It gone from 96 (feeling like 107) to 92ish with not as much humidity. Thank you Lord!

When it rains remember your showers of blessings!









After this walk this morning I have a fuller and better understanding of what God meant when he said consider the lilies.. It's hard to consider something when you're flying past it at 35-45 mph. :) God knew I needed this walk today.













He knew I needed the reminder of this gorgeous butterfly...I'm still working on you and changing you into something beautiful... the perfect image of my dear Son. So keep on walking with me, keep on trusting keep taking each day step by step.

2 comments:

Granny Kate said...

This is good, Jolene! I often have similar thoughts on my paper route. Currently, several of my customers have yard work or building projects going. Every day there's a little bit more done. It reminds me of how the Lord is working on me a little at a time, one day at a time. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Jolene!
Walking is great exercise, and the time to reflect on God's beautiful creation is the best part. ;)
Love ya!
Emily R.