
A dear friend/sister-in-Christ suggested to me that I start walking to work every day as a way to squeeze in my daily exercise plus save gasoline! At first my mind was thinking lazy thoughts... "uggg I don't want to walk in the heat", "What if I get to work and I'm all sweaty", silly things like that. But then common sense kicked the lazy thoughts out the back door and I started making myself think of the joys that could come from this. I'll now have 30-45 minutes (maybe shorter) of time that I can just start my day relaxed, refreshed (maybe a little sweaty..ha ha..) instead of jumping out of bed flying through my morning routine and rushing out the door to work. It will also give me even more quality time alone with God and His wonderful creation! I love to pray as I walk and this will give me even more time to settle my mind as I begin the crazy rush of the day. So come along with me on my journey as I try to post pictures from these morning walks as well as the things that God opens my eyes to along the journey.
3 comments:
I'm on the sidelines cheering you on! You can do this girl. Don't let anyone steer you away from your goal or get you out of your routine. Once you stray from your routine..that's when you dwindle away and stop doing it all together. Set your eyes on the goal. God will help you!
Thanks Anna!!
So proud of you Jolene... once it becomes a habit... it will be much easier to fight those nagging nasty lazy thoughts... :)
Post a Comment