I love the word cozy. There are so many mental images that spring to my mind when I think of that word. Right now as I lay in bed under warm covers just thinking of how good my God is to me I'm cozy. It's like God has just wrapped me up so tight and drawn me so close to Him I can almost hear His heart beat again.
Cozy is a warm fire crackling in the fire place on a cold night. Reminding me of the God of light, the God that takes cold hard hearts and makes them a burning fire and a flame for His use.
Cozy is sharing a smile with a friend across the table knowing that they love you in spite of who you are and all your little quirks and things that irritate the stew out of them. Knowing that you have a God in heaven that loves you even more than they do.
Cozy can be that look of love shared with someone who loves you dearly and would do anything for you and that overwhelming feeling that washes over you knowing that you love them back and would do the same.
Cozy is a variety of things but this is what it means to me tonight.
Though these are just a bunch of random thoughts tonight I can't help but put out in words what it is to love the Lord your God with all your heart and love others around you with this powerful overwhelming love from God.
A God Story Life ~ by Amy Vest Cox
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment