Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Ring

Last night a friend of mine sent me a text message and told me to look at the ring around the moon. I was thinking ring around the moon what are you talking about? I was driving at the time and had the worst time locating it but finally I saw this spectacular sight. All throughout the night as the moon moved the ring moved with it.
The two of us were made to marvel at God's wonderful works. I quickly texted him back and asked him if he knew what was causing the ring because it was a PERFECT circle! He said it was ice crystals. It amazed me as I studied it more this morning how marvelous God is in all his ways and how those ice crystals can reflect the moon which reflects the sun. I was reminded of Psalm 8 When I consider the heavens the work of thy fingers the moon the stars which thou hast ordained. What is man that thou art mindful of him!! God's creation is so beautiful and awe inspiring! I am just thankful God allowed two of his creatures to behold such a beautiful and intriguing sight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! It makes you marvel at the beauty our Lord has created. I have been doing Biology this year in school and it is amazing that all the little deatils work together to make the earth beautiful. We truly have a marvelous creator. Thanks for posting this.

In Christ Alone,
Caitlyn