Monday, January 12, 2009

Through the Eyes of a Child

Tonight I was sitting in the pew at my parents church. They were having communion, and I could not help but notice a few pews ahead of a little blonde haired blue eyed boy who was absolutly adorable he was about three or four! But after I got over the adorableness of him I noticed what he was doing. His daddy was passing the bread and the juice around and his eyes were glued to the plate and sometimes his eyes would wander to the face of the one taking the bread or the cup. I couldn't help but wonder what was going through his mind. But what an opportunity! This little one was taking in things that I'm sure he would never forget. How many times have we as adults sat down to communion and taken it too flippantly. This little boy was a reminder to me as he sat in awe of what was going on to remember to stand in awe and to share it with the little ones around me.

No comments: