Monday, September 03, 2007

Lily among the thorns

"As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters"
Oh how I long to be a lily among the thorns. One that is pure and rare, one that the world can look on and SEE a difference. One that has different motives, different focus on life. I want God to be 1st in all I do say or think.
Yesterday as I was communing with the Lord I was reading Psalm 19: I got down to the end of the chapter and read "Let the words of my mouth, and meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Oh that my generation would have that desire! Oh that I would have a greater longing for that in my life. That our words would be acceptable to God that our meditations would honor God. What do we go through life thinking. How to impress others, how to get the next $, how to do this and that and never giving God a thought. Oh that there would be a revival in our meditation and that we would turn back to a holy and true God!
I'm in a reflective mood today I guess but these last few weeks have brought me to the place where I have a different view of my Lord. My head knowledge of my God being soverign and in control over everything has changed to a heart knowledge. I read a short book recently that has drastically changed my life. GOD has changed me from a moody-self-centered-foolish girl into one who desperatly sees her need daily to rely on Christ no matter what goes on in her life. My heart is so full of my Lord right now I can't express my thoughts but my heart is overflowing with love to my Lord. He is all I need, He is faithful and true, He is God of God and Lord of Lords. My passion my desire is for others to know that He can be their God, He can be the lover of their soul. My prayer is Oh God may I be like Moses who reflected your glory to the point that his face shown. Psalm 115: 17-18 says "The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence. BUT WE will bless the Lord from this time forth and forevermore. Praise the Lord." I am not dead! I'm alive unto Christ so I have ever reason to shout it from the roof tops! Praise the Lord Praise the Lord Praise the Lord!! For he is good for his mercy endureth for ever!

No comments: