Its amazes me how much we inflect pain on ourselves. God has away of just showing us exactly what we are holding in place of Him. He delights in taking away that one thing we so delight in (so much so that it replaces Him) so that in turn we will completely delight in Him. The Lord has been taking me through the school of hard knocks the last several months. I don't think my heart has ever hurt this much before but the awesome thing looking back on it all is that God is so much better than those idols we like to put up those things that we can see and find security in. I am so thankful that God loves me as His own and even though it hurts He is faithful to cut me were it is most needed so that I can be more like Him. But anyways back to my previous idea of inflecting pain on ourselves. If we would just learn to let go and cling to God it wouldn't hurt as bad. I think the pain is caused more when our stubborn flesh refuses to let go.
Well... i had two minutes to spare today and it results in the rambling manner above. I just pray that if you are hanging on to something that you learn the lesson quicker than my hard head has! :-)
A God Story Life ~ by Amy Vest Cox
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment