Today while out weeding my mom's flower bed I had plenty of time to think. With my hands concealed in dirt covered gloves as I dug out yet another clump of weeds I started to think of how this weeding experience reminds me a little of my Christian life. The weeds will over take a garden if left unattended but as the gardener must faithfully pull those weeds to keep the garden alive and healthy so must I faithfully come to God's Word and allow Him to prune those unsightly things out of my life. It isn't a one time pulling it is a constant task. In my life I have found it isn't a one time submitting to the Master's hand but a daily allowing Him to prune and pull and dig up. Also while weeding today I uncovered a small rose bush that I had started from scratch a few years ago and it had survived without much care. I got to thinking how that little rose bush reminds me of the hope I have in Christ. Even though there is a lot in my life that needs pulled out and pruned there is still life continuing on because of Him. While I was out there working I got to thinking of how the wind and the sun work to produce beauty in the garden and maybe it was too much sun or something but again another illustration came to my mind. The Master Husbandman is dilligently working in my life but so is the Son and the like the wind so is the Spirit. Each person of the Godhead is at work in my life. You may have think I flipped my lid but I thought it was so neat to think how even in God's creation He declares His handiwork.
No comments:
Post a Comment