Thursday, February 16, 2006

Why is it so hard to trust?

Why is it so hard to trust the God who never fails?
Why is it so hard to wait and rest in a God who never fails?

Is my storm bigger than my God?
Recently I was reminded of the storm in the Gospels where Christ was asleep in the boat when the storm raged about them. Mark 4:38-
And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow:
(Jesus was at rest because He knew who controlled the storm)
and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?(Right now I feel like this has been my cry. God don't you know I'm here. God I've tried waiting on you and its just not working Master don't you care that I'm dying here!!!!)
And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. (They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up with wings as eagles they shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint.)
And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith? (Is not God soverign?)

My cry recently is God help me to wait when everything in me is screaming I'M NOT GOING TO WAIT ANY MORE! Oh to be delievered from my flesh. I now am understanding when its been said it will be wonderful to be delivered from this robe of flesh. God increase my faith! Help me remember that the God of the storms is the God who controls my boat.

Sometimes my heart screams Does any one else struggle with waiting? Am I the only one who has these struggles? Then I am quietly reminded to shutup and look up and remember all of us have struggles and problems its not just lil 'ole me.

Sorry my thoughts have been so scattered in this post but I guess I'm just sharing my heart which is a little scattered right now.

No comments: