Today my memory banks are overflowing. As I was teaching my three music students today I had a flood of memories come back, memories from childhood. Today was our rehearsal for my first recital with these students. (eeeek I'm so nervous!!) As we went through their pieces and then practiced how to curtsy, how to walk up on stage, how to make the butterflies calm down in your tummy all of it came flooding back. The excitement of preparing for my recitals and then the dreaded/scary day of the recital finally arrived. The new dress being sewn in a flurry. The looonnggg ride to the recital place. There was excitement about being able to be on stage but then the what ifs. What if my music falls off? What if I forget my memorized piece? What if the judge fails me? What if I fall coming off this stage!? What if a string breaks! I remember the pit in my stomach getting bigger and bigger and bigger the closer we got to the place of the recital or the place of competition. But then the wonderful thrill as you stood at the end of your piece knowing that you had done the best that you could have done. Then came the flowers and the hug from mom and dad and then the I'm so proud of you good job. "You did so good" from your teacher. Ahhh recitals! It's a challenge as a student but a completely different perspective when you are a teacher. Now you are put on display and your teaching ability is being displayed before the "world". Not only do you have yourself to "worry" about you have 3 little girls looking to you in their terror to calm their nerves and help them do their best. Wow, it's different being an adult and being a teacher. But I must say I love every minute of it!
A God Story Life ~ by Amy Vest Cox
4 years ago
2 comments:
I could send a butterfly net if you think that would help! :) Love you!
Thanks! May need that!
Post a Comment