Just recently I was summoned to court over some false accusations. I went before the court with fear and trembling not knowing whether I’d have a righteous judge and lawyer or whether they would be corrupt. I clung to verses such as Psalm 91 “I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his fathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.” I knew the reason I was there was fairly minor but the consequences if I had a corrupt judge/lawyer could be great. But as I sat there the peace of the Lord just rolled over me reminding me that I had a faithful Judge in heaven ruling over the heart and affairs of men. Better yet that Judge is my Father! During the month before the trial as well as the day of the trial the Lord had a few lessons for me to learn. - The first one was one that was a refresher of things I’d learned in the past.
Jesus knows EVERYTHING that I’m going through. My Lord and Savior endured a trial where he was FALSELY accused and yet he spoke not a word. The God of the universe choose to refrain from speaking and allow the plan of God to take place. - The 2nd lesson I learned was more of a fresh vision of my God. A fresh and new God reminded me of my standing as a blood washed saint. I was given a very vivid picture while I was in court of just what it would be like in heaven one day for sinners but not only sinners but if it weren’t for Christ where I would be today. I could visualize myself having to stand before the judge and plead guilty. Can you imagine though as I plead guilty and the judgment being ready to be given out how Christ had come and stood saying I’ll take the penalty for her.
- As I left the court today I felt this huge burden just lift off my shoulders as the charges were dropped never to be brought up against me again. I couldn’t help but think of my spiritual standing of the HUGE burden of sin being lifted off of me. The day I left the foot of the cross I had that burden lifted from me and rolled away, my sins washed clean never to be remembered again. I feel like shouting today because my sins are gone as far as the east is from the west never to be remembered again. Calvary covers it all!
- I was also reminded today, as my Pastor stood with me, of another that is moment by moment standing with me, my precious Savior the Lord Jesus Christ. I stood before the supreme Judge guilty (though I wasn’t in the physical court) and there is one on the side accusing me of so many things yet Jesus stands up and in my behalf defends my case because of His shed blood! Every time I fail every time Satan accuses me I have an intercessor pleading my case on the right hand of the Father!
I am so thankful for this battle because without it I may never have been given this new perspective of my God! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
1 comment:
Amen, God is our defense.
Post a Comment