Thursday, November 26, 2009

There is Hope

No one is beyond the power of divine grace.

If ever there was someone that was beyond hope it was this guy (Demonic of Gadera)

No man could tame him, but thank God Jesus could.

No man could tame him, bless the Lord, Jesus did.

There may be some loved one, who even now breaks your heart a child, a relative, a husband, a wife and they seem to be utterly possessed by a demon of greed demon of worldliness a demon of pride whatever the demons be whatever the sinful chains be that seem to cling to their wrists and their feet, my friend they’re not beyond the power of Christ. Someone who concerning a whole town had given up became Jesus’ first subject of grace when he came to the shore. When he said look lets go to the other side, you think he was making that suggestion willy-nilly. He knew there was a poor demon possessed man that’s condition was hopeless unless He got there. And when He got there it would all be changed. Oh dear people let us not give up hope for anyone let us not give up praying for anyone, let us not despair for anyone. For if Jesus can take this man and not only cast out the demons but obviously bind him to himself as a true disciple so much so that He wanted to go with Jesus wherever He went and Jesus had to tell him no I appreciate the spirit but you’ve got some work to do your home folk and your kinfolk you so you go there you tell them what I’ve done for you. What a marvelous thing, to see the grace of God break into a situation that looks hopeless to us. We say Oh God what’s the use of praying I’ve prayed until I feel like I can pray no more. I’ve wept until I feel like David I must say my moisture's turned into the drought of summer Lord what’s the hope what’s the use. Child of God pray on Jesus may be settling a storm with some of his disciples on the sea and as soon as He’s done that boats gonna slip up to the very place that person is and the Lord Jesus will say that’s enough devil, get. This is one of mine on whom I’ve set my heart upon whom I’ve set my love for whom I died upon the cross for whom I’ve been praying at the right hand of the Father and I’m gonna get him . When I go to get my man I never come back empty. And the man whose day began with the remnants of the chains upon his wrists at the end of the day he was chained in another way, chained in chords of love and gratitude to the Lord Jesus so much so wherever Jesus went he wanted to be with him. That’s what God’s grace can do dear people.

There’s a mighty Savior and whatever your bondage, whatever your sin, whatever chains you go to Christ and he will break the chains and He’ll bind you to himself in cords of love and mercy for time and eternity.

No comments: