My Dad and I were "stuck" in a car together traveling down to Virigina this past weekend and we got into a dicussion that proved to be quite interesting and a little taxing on my wee brain. We got to talking about the theory of realtivity. I won't go into all that because my mind is still trying to comprehend what we talked about :-). But what struck me was when he started discribing light to me. I don't know if I knew this and forgot it or if I was just having a mental block but he was saying that light is constant and never changes. We applied it spiritually and discussed how God is light and in Him is life and He never changes. We also discussed that light is every color. What we see as color really is light shinning on it and every other color being absorbed into and the obejct reflecting that color. I began to think of the meaning of my name "Reflector of God's light" Light remains constant, never changes, if I am to reflect God I must remain pure and clean in order to reflect Him. I can't remember all the specifics of what was going through my mind at that point but it really struck me how we as Christians but me especially with a name like mine must must reflect the unchanging, uncompromising of God his light and life.
A God Story Life ~ by Amy Vest Cox
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment