Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Change :-P

I hate change! Whenever I get all settled in and life is going just peachy something happens to make my world start wobbling every which way. That is the way this week has been one thing after another has been bombarding me. I guess it is God's way of reminding me to keep my eyes on Him. I guess when I'm unsecure I'm more willing to cling to my Security! I often view change as a baby eagle. They get all nice and comfortable and nestled down in the nest and all of a sudden Mamma eagle comes along and stirs up the nest and pushes the little one out on its own. I feel today a little like the baby eagle who is free falling and just knows its going to hit far below and that'll be the end. But the thing is God keeps reminding me "and underneath are the everlasting arms" Just like that eagle stays below her baby to keep it from falling so My God is underneath me and is going to keep me from falling. "Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling and present you faultless..." I can't remember the last of it. I think God gave me that verse and "Be still and know that I am God" for a reason this summer.
Well, as much as I don't like to be stirred up in the nest and pushed out I'm glad I have a God who is not ever going to leave me.

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
Isaiah 41:10

No comments: