Saturday, May 13, 2006

Tribute to Mom

I have recently been studying Proverbs 31 for my own spiritual growth. Just as a side note I didn't realize how far short I fall of what God wants me to be as a virtuous woman. But as I read v28 it struck me that the best gift I can give my mother is to rise up and call her blessed. So here is my tribute to my mother on mother's day. I love you Mom!

I would love to hear how your mom has been a blessing in your life. Please be sure to post it on here in the comments section. If you do not have a birth mother to praise God for think of all the spiritual mothers and let me know of them.

"Her children arise up and call her blessed..."

Mom, The very word strikes a chord in every daughters heart.
A mom is someone who has always been there for you.
Some have the trial of not having a birth mom there for them
But there is always someone who comes along side and is that mother in your time of need.
A mom has been there through the pain and trials of your life.
She is there to lift you up out of the dirt and tell you to keep on trying.
She is there when your hopes and dreams are dashed.
She believes in you when no one else will.
She is that constant shoulder to cry on that listening ear when your heart is breaking.
She is the confidante and friend no matter what you've done.
Mom: the hug when your days been bad, the kiss on the cheek and the tuck in bed, the stern word and correction when you know you've done wrong.
A mom is there to tell you, whether you like it or not, when you are not doing right.
A mom is there to cheer you on when you are making the right choices. Mom's endure pain, heartache, tears, late nights, early mornings, sleepless nights for us their children.
A mother's love is deep and strong and it weathers many a storm.

Thank you mom for all you've done for me. A mere thank you is never enough express the sacrificial love you've given all of my life. You've been there all 25 years of my life encouraging, correcting, cheering me on, loving, being annoyed with me(i'm sure!), But mom no matter how i've been towards you you have always been there. Tenderly directing me and guiding me. You've been there pointing my eyes to the Savior and reminding me ever that His love is far greater than yours ever could be. And mom even though thousands of miles separate us on this mother's day your love is still strong and deep for me. Thank you mom for all you've done,all you've been, all you have taught me to be. I am who I am today because of my heavenly Father, my earthly father, and you my mother. I love you mommy!

No comments: