Thursday, March 09, 2006

More if's...

If a sudden jar can cause me to speak an impatient, unloving word, then I know nothing of Calvary love. For a cup brimful of sweet water cannot spill even one drop of bitter water however suddenly jolted.

If I become entangle in any 'inordinate affection' if things or places or people hold me back from obedience to my Lord, then I know nothing of Calvary love.

If I slip into the place that can be filled by Christ alone, making myself the first necessity to a soul instead of leading it to fasten upon Him, then I know nothing of Calvary love.

If I wonder why something trying is allowed, and press for prayer that it may be removed; if I cannot be trusted with any disappointment, and cannot go on in peace under any mystery, then I know nothing of Calvary love.
~Amy Carmichael~

As I read this last one my heart cries...Oh to trust implicitly my dear Savior's loving guiding hand. Even when it seems He is leading me through the darkest of valley's through the thorniest of ways through the deepest of waters through the hottest of fires. Even when it seems that His hand is no longer there may I trust His Word that He never fails nor does He ever change. His promise is true O that He would continually refine my dross and make me into gold to bring His precious name glory.

No comments: