My life recently has been one big test I think. In all the fustrations that I have been facing I can't get away from God reminding me that He is there and in control. Some of the following quotes are things that God has used in my life very recently to encourage me to keep on, trust Him, and wait patiently.
This is a song two of my friends sing and I love the words to it.
Stand still
The Father has a plan, though its hard to see it now. You feel you're walking all alone, but He is there no doubt! When the storm around you rages and you're tossed to and fro, when you're faced with life's decisions, not sure which way to go...
Stand still and let God move. Standing sitll is hard to do. When you feel you have reached the end, he'll make a way for you. Stand still and let God move.
When the enemy surrounds you and the walls are closing in, when the tide is swiftly rising and you wonder where He's been, friend, there never was a moment that his arms were'nt reaching out you can rest assured and be secure, God's moving right now...
Stand still and let God move. Standing still is hard to do. When you feel you have reached the end, he'll make a way for you. Stand still and let God move.
This was a prayer of Betty Stam the martyr missionary
"Lord, I give up all my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes and accept thy will for my life. I give myself, my life, my all, utterly to thee to be thine forever. Fill me and seal me with thy Holy Spirit. Use me as thou wilt, send me where thou wilt, work out thy whole will in my life at any cost, now and forever.
This is from a book I read not to long ago
Faith receives, day by day, what a loving heavenly Father apportions and leaves to His mercy and judgement the fulfillment or denial of the theart's desires. He always answers the cry of the man or the woman who wills (against all wanting) to do His will.
A God Story Life ~ by Amy Vest Cox
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment